We at Ride Electric Australia take privacy seriously and we are committed to complying with Australian Privacy Laws.
What is ‘personal information’?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information:
- to provide products and services to our customers;
- to communicate with our customers and contacts;
- to manage and account for our products and services;
- to improve our products and services;
- to market our products and services;
- to send invitations to our events;
- to manage our employees and contractors;
- to manage and deliver our loyalty programs or schemes;
- to fulfil our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights and to issue or defend legal proceedings;
- to generally carry on our business; and
- to assess our customers for creditworthiness or continuing creditworthiness as we reasonably see fit from time to time, for the purposes including but not limited to:
- obtaining and exchanging information with a credit reporting agency, credit provider, credit insurer or insurance broker;
- passing the information on to a debt collector or solicitor;
- exchanging further personal information, including consumer and/or commercial credit information, with another body for any use reasonably connected with the provision of credit or the collection of debts.
What personal information do we collect and provide?
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to provide services and products to you. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address to correctly process a quote or invoice and fulfil the warranty requirements of some products. We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Ride Electric, including for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions and any other information you may elect to provide to us.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
How we collect personal information?
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquiries about products and services, when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
We collect personal information about our customers from external sources such as:
- credit or trade referees;
- credit reporting agencies;
- other credit providers;
- guarantors/proposed guarantors;
- public sources such as telephone listings and internet;
- our service providers involved in helping us to provide credit or to administer credit facilities, including our debt collectors, credit insurer, insurance broker and legal advisers.